UNDERSTAND THE NEW SCRAP METAL LAWS
The NSW Scrap Metal Industry Act of 2016 was approved by the state government and it seeks to limit property theft of stolen vehicles and other valuable scrap metals.
NEW MEASURES OF THE LAW
1) All business dealing in scrap metal must register their business with the commissioner of police
2) Scrap metal dealers are prohibited from paying cash for scrap metal
3) Scrap metal dealers must keep and maintain records of transactions
4) Scrap metal dealers must report suspicious transactions to the police
5) Scrap metal dealers cannot accept a motor vehicle without identification information
COMMITTED TO UPHOLDING THE LAW
Metal Merchants Pty Ltd is committed to upholding and following all laws and regulations pertaining to the scrap metal industry. We never want to give our clients any reason to doubt our integrity. We firmly believe that the best business practice is an honest one.
TRUST OUR HONESTY & BUSINESS EXCELLENCE
Our commitment to excellent service extends well beyond merely following regulations. We’re avid advocates for excellent customer service and give our utmost effort to ensure that you’re satisfied any time you complete a transaction with us. If you want to get money for your scrap metal, give Metal Merchants Pty Ltd a call.